Both the front and back façades feature a stepped gable, a common feature of the palaces at the time. It was constructed by Alonso de Velarde, during the first half of the 16th Century and was finished in 1556. It is in good condition and is being sold furnished including numerous period pieces, all of them fully restored. The palace is a singular architectural masterpiece, distributed over 4 levels and surrounded by a large L shaped garden. There are also 2 neighbouring plots of land, separated from the palace by a narrow passageway : a rustic plot known as El Huerto and an urban smallholding known as La Socarreña. This gives potential to add a spa or additional rooms, or further gardens & a pool for a boutique hotel.