Curfew House was originally built in 1725 as Sir Williams Perkins School. After re-modelling and extension in the 1850s the now Grade II listed property became the imposing seven bedroom town house it now is, combining many of its original features with modern family living.
The property sits behind fine wrought iron railings and is entered via the 18th century panelled front door with speaking tube to one side.
The perfectly proportioned drawing and dining room, are situated to the front of the property either side of the entrance hall. Both have high ceilings and twin arched sash windows with original panelled shutters.
A door from the dining room leads through to the bright kitchen/breakfast room with fitted units, a larder and overlooks and gives access to the rear garden.
Across the hallway is the generously proportioned library which has glazed French doors leading to the original Victorian conservatory.
There is also access down to the lit cellar which is divided into four rooms with additional storage areas including a coal/wood store.
The guest cloakroom completes the accommodation on this floor.
A wide Georgian staircase leads up to a generously sized panelled master bedroom with en suite shower room and walk in dressing room. There are also two further double bedrooms, one en suite, a family bathroom and cloakroom on this floor.
The second floor is a great space and consists of four further double bedrooms and a family bathroom, this space could be ideal for teenagers or a live in nanny.
Externally there is a detached utility room. A paved terrace area leads to the ornamental pond and brick built storage to one side. This then opens up onto the large main garden area which is laid to lawn with a kitchen garden with various fruits and vegetables. There is a large workshop and garaging with additional parking to the rear which is accessed via Colonels Lane.View payable Stamp Duty for this property