The Old School House is believed to date to the mid 17th century. A plaque on the property recalls its origins and use as a charity school dating from 1644-1895, founded by Robert Loder to teach poor men's children in Harwell.
Situated in a no through lane in the heart of Harwell village, The Old School House is a detached property constructed of endered brick and stone, with timber frame and pitched tile roof. GII listed, the property retains many original features including the rustic 19th century open porch and exposed timbers. Having been updated over the years, accommodation today lends itself well to family living. There are three reception rooms including a drawing room with wooden floors, exposed timbers and working wood burner. The kitchen/breakfast room with vaulted ceiling and exposed timbers has built-in hand painted units, Falcon range oven, central work island and French doors to the terrace. On the first floor the principal bedroom has vaulted ceiling, built-in cupboards and en suite shower room. There are 3 further bedrooms also with built-in cupboards and a family bathroom. Outside, the property is approached through wrought iron gates to a drive leading to the garage and pathway to the house. The gardens, with mature trees, fruit trees and established borders also have a pond and terrace area outside the kitchen.
Mains gas, water, electricity and drainage are
connected to the property.View payable Stamp Duty for this property