The property in Gaiole in Chianti, is accessed by a track of ca. three km from Gaiole in Chianti. First recorded in 1112 when donated to the nearby Monastery of Badia a Coltibuono.
In the mid 1800s, the stairs and first floor loggia were added. In the 1970s, it was bought by an English winemaker and through its fame and good wine, was visited by famous wine writers of the time. Mainly on three floors, the farmhouse sits overlooking the valley of Gaiole surrounded by approx. 2,5 acres of private garden with olive groves (circa 50 trees) and woodland.
The main building has a gross surface of approx. 620 sq m and consists of three reception rooms with open fireplaces, five large bedrooms and five bathrooms. Private cinema, wine cellars.
There is ample parking close to the house in two separate areas; three spaces are covered. Water is coming from a shared well with two large cisterns. Gas central heating, 15 x 7m pool with large terraced area surrounding it. The pool house of circa 56 sq m could potentially become further accommodation. Several pergolas for outdoor dining with beautiful far reaching views. Alarm-system, SAT-TV, Wi-Fi.